CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I thought you might be wondering.....

So, once I decided to build a granola empire, my first stumbling block was packaging. One of the reasons I make so much from scratch is to avoid a bunch of individually wrapped food products. BUT, from a marketing perspective I thought it would be cool to just throw a bar into your purse or pocket and go. THEN I calculated the cost of all the little baggies (financially and environmentally) and knew that I would never be comfortable pushing more plastic on people. ALSO, I realized that all affordable packaging comes with some environmental cost but my aim is to keep it low and still deliver my goodies in a clean and presentable package. SO....tada! Paper bag, lined with wax paper and tied with a crocheted chain of colorful wool, cotton, jute or whatever happens to be nearby. So there you have it, simple and Mother Earth approved. Larger orders will be packaged in boxes and layered securely between sheets of wax paper and still tied up with with a natural bow :)

0 comments: